Monday, July 18, 2011

How Meeting Online Led to Naps in the Back Seat

For 12 years Zaida McCunney (far right) had been driving 400 miles a week, commuting between her home in Livermore and her job as an administrator in the Computing Sciences directorate. She was on her second Saturn, after putting 300,000 miles on the first one.

Then last February the Lab introduced the Zimride program, an online service that matches people for carpooling. She signed up, and within a couple months, she met three other Lab employees from Livermore and formed a carpool. More than a year later, the carpool is still going strong and the participants could not be happier.

“I save $250 a month on gas,” McCunney said. “My husband loves it. And I think I can keep my second Saturn a little longer.”

Best Blogger Tips

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget