Monday, August 1, 2011

What happens when I submit my resume online?

Does it go into a black hole?
What do I do when I’m not being a recruiter?  Well… I’m being a recruiter, of course! 

However, in this case I am volunteering my time, speaking to a group of job seekers to answer the question, “What happens when I submit my resume online?”  I welcome anyone wanting to learn the answer to that and other job-search related questions to visit Christ the King Church in Pleasant Hill, CA, where my wife (a fellow recruiter) and I will have the opportunity to present, “Behind the Black Hole – Understanding the Recruiting Process from a Recruiter and Hiring Manager Perspective”.  

Have you ever applied to a job online only to have your resume seemingly vanish into a void?  From crafting a winning cover letter to acing an interview, landing a job is tough enough in this difficult market.  But millions of job seekers can’t even get a foot in the door when they apply to countless positions and seldom hear anything in response.  Come find out why this happens and ways to avoid it.  You are certain to learn a thing or two that will help advance your job search strategy so you can land the job.  Presented by two members of the Job Networking leadership team and experienced recruiters, Bernadette and Jeff Todd (aka LBNLrecruiter). 

The meeting will be held this Thursday, August 4 beginning with networking at 6:30pm, followed by presentation at 7pm.  The meeting ends at 8:30pm, followed by networking and fellowship until 9pm.

The Job Networking Group regularly meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, is non-denominational and open to the public.  Join us for an evening of fun and education!

Location:
Christ the King Church
199 Brandon Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
(925) 682-2486
Best Blogger Tips

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget